iPad-Based Machine Control & Monitoring using Appareo Gateways
Appareo has considerable experience in the utilization of portable electronic devices, like iPads, as monitors for interface with or control of off-highway machines. Appareo’s belief is that operators of industrial equipment, like agricultural and construction machinery, want to see the phones and tablets that have been integrated into their personal lives (e.g. social networking, apps, etc.) and business lives (e.g. email, video meetings, etc.), integrate seamlessly with their machines. Much in the same way that phones interact with automobiles easily and seamlessly, Appareo believes customers desire these devices to interact easily and seamlessly with their industrial equipment.
Additionally, these devices offer opportunities to:
- Inexpensively and easily develop attractive and intuitive applications for customers to interact with – reducing costs, time, and complexity in developing on-machine software;
- Deploy attractive displays to customers at very low cost (e.g. migration from one generation of tablet to another), leveraging enormous investments from consumer device companies to deliver world class displays;
- Retrieve data from equipment and transmit that data to manufacturers;
- Deliver firmware updates for ECUs onboard machines through apps, allowing phones or tablets to be a mechanism for transporting service updates thereby reducing technician time and costs;
- Open new interactive ways to connect with and distribute information to customers about how they can get more out of their agricultural or construction equipment.