Last updated: April 15th, 2021
Please read this policy carefully before sharing information with us so you understand our practices regarding your information. By using our websites, using our mobile applications, or communicating with us, you agree to the terms of this Policy and our use, sharing, and disclosure of information as described below or in any revisions to this Policy. If you do not agree with the practices described in this policy, you may choose not to use our website or applications.
Personal Information We May Collect About You
The types of personal information we collect and process typically fall into the following categories:
- Identity information — first name, last name, dealer account username and password.
- Employment information — employer name and job title.
- Contact information — billing address, delivery address, email address, and telephone number.
- Financial data — bank account number, wire information, and payment card details.
- Transactional data — details about orders you have placed or inquiries you have made, details about payments received from you, and information about the products or services you have ordered from us.
- Marketing and communications information — requests for information received from you, and information on your marketing or communication preferences.
- Usage information — details regarding when and how you use our website, products, or services.
We collect this information when you purchase a product, download or use our mobile and desktop applications, communicate with us, create a dealer profile on our website, or request information from us, or otherwise directly provide the information to us (such as by submitting a query on our website).
Information We Collect Through Flight Data Monitoring Technologies or the Stratus Application
When you use our flight data monitoring technologies (including but not limited to Appareo flight data recorders, airborne image recorders, and support software applications), ADS-B receiver products, or Stratus software applications, we may collect the following types of information from you:
- Usage details – Details of your access to and use of the applications, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the applications.
- Device information – Information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored information and files – Metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device, including photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
- Aviation data (collected through Stratus Horizon Pro, Stratus Insight, and EnVision software applications) — communications with Air Traffic Control (if consented to); flight pattern information; historical geolocation data; information regarding your devices; information regarding your aircraft; parametric data including position, aircraft performance characteristics, and flight dynamics; images / video and audio from flights; and other types of data.
As indicated, the Stratus devices and Applications have functionality that, if turned on, enables it to record communications between you and air traffic controllers. If you consent, those communications will be made available to Appareo, Appareo contractors, and Appareo partners.
Our Stratus application may use services to collect statistical data about your usage of our applications. The types of non-personal personal we may collect and use include, but are not limited to: (i) Media Access Control address (as an anonymous unique device ID); (ii) User ID (as an anonymous unique user ID); (iii) Crash or error reports; (iv) device type; (v) language; (vi) OS version; (vii) SDK version; (viii) device model; (ix) display type; and (x) country. This data is used to improve the services offered to you.
How We Use Your Information
We use these types of information to perform our contracts or agreements with you, to comply with our legal obligations, as necessary for our legitimate interests, or pursuant to your consent. Specifically, we use this information to:
- Present the website and its content to you;
- Provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us and optimize your experience on our websites or with our applications and products;
- Provide customer support, permit service and customer satisfaction evaluations, process online transactions, or otherwise manage our relationship with you or your company;
- Assist you in managing account profiles, registrations, and activities in “log-in” areas of the websites,
- Notify you about changes to our website or any products or services we offer;
- Communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone, or mobile device about our products, services, and issues relevant to your products, services, or industry;
- Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or websites;
- Update and improve our products and services; and
- Perform other functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Other Information We Collect And Use
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about users, and information that cannot be used to identify an individual, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose information that we collect or that you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliated companies,
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, including companies that perform work necessary for us to provide products and services to you or that will assist us in improving the products and services we provide to you
- To a buyer or other successor prior to or in the event of a merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Appareo’s assets, whether as a going concern or as a part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, where the information is among the assets being transferred;
- To other users of the Stratus Horizon mobile application (as discussed above); and
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We reserve the right to disclose your information as necessary to comply with a subpoena or similar investigative demand, court order, request for cooperation from law enforcement or other governmental agency, to exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims, or as otherwise required by law.
Your Choices About Collection and Use of Your Information
In addition, you can opt out of receiving promotional or marketing emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any such email you receive from us. We may, however, send you non-promotional emails that do not contain an unsubscribe link.
You can also chose not to provide us with certain information requested through our website, including our web store, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our websites or our applications, request information about products or services, purchase applications and other products, ask questions, or initiate other transactions on our websites.
Reviewing, Correcting, or Deleting Your Personal Information From Our Systems
If you believe that the personally identifiable information which we hold about you is not correct, or if you would like to have your personal information removed from our records, please write to us at our registered office (see below) or email us at s[email protected] explaining the personally identifiable information which you wish to be deleted, modified, or removed. This is normally a free service, unless this process proves to be unduly difficult and takes more time, clearly unfounded, repetitive, or excessive, in which case we may charge a reasonable fee or decline to respond.
Once we have received your request, we will review it and contact you within 30 days of our receipt of your request, unless your request is complex or you have made a large number of requests, in which case we will notify you of any delay and will, in any event, reply within three (3) months.
Our Account Information and Password
Where created an account to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping your account information, including username and password, confidential. Please do not to share such account information or passwords with anyone and remember to log out when you are not using our website to prevent unauthorized access.
Appareo is headquartered in North Dakota. As a result, your information on its servers in the United States. If your information was collected outside the United States, it may be necessary to transfer your information to the United States for processing in order to provide you with requested products and services. You understand and agree that information you provide may be sent to and processed by Appareo in the United States. The data protection laws in the United States may not be the same as the data protection laws in your home country.
We may transfer your information to some of our third-party providers located in the United States or other countries. We do our best to ensure a similar degree of security by ensuring that contracts, code of conduct, or certification are in place which give your personal data the same level of protection.
- California residents’ rights
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. California law gives you the right to send us a request at a designated address to receive the following information:
- The categories of information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year
- The names and addresses of the third parties that received that information
- If the nature of the third party’s business cannot be determined from their name or examples of the products or services marketed, we may provide this information in a standardized format that is not specific to you. The designated email address for these requests is [email protected].
- EEA residents’ rights
As indicated above, Appareo is headquartered in the United States. Its applications, products, and services are intended for use or purchase by individuals in the United States. Its websites are likewise intended for visitors in the United States. Appareo does not intentionally offer or market its goods or services to individuals outside the United States and does not intentionally seek information relating to such individuals. As such, Appareo is subject only to the laws of the United States.
Residents from the European Economic Area and Switzerland (“EEA”) may, from time to time, visit our website. While Appareo maintains that it is not subject to the privacy laws applicable in the EEA, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), residents of the EEA should be aware of the rights afforded by the GDPR. Specifically, to the extent applicable, you may request information regarding the processing of your personal information, how your personal information was obtained (if you did not provide it directly), who it may have been shared with, and how long it will be retained. Further, you have the right to request your personal information be corrected if it is inaccurate and, in certain circumstances, may ask that it be erased or that further processing be stopped. Finally, subject to certain limitations, and when feasible, you may request a copy of your personal information or that it be transferred to another entity.
Additional information on your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation is available from the U.K.’s Information Commissioner’s Office. If you are located in the E.U. and have a concern about our processing of your data, you may have the right to make a complaint to the appropriate data protection authority in the E.U.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, technical, and administrative measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. No system, however, can be completely secure. We only keep your personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it or as otherwise required by law. We will store information received through our flight data monitoring technologies or Stratus for as long as the user determines is necessary or until it is overwritten by other user data. It is up to the user to delete such information.
While we take steps to secure your personal information, we do not promise that your personal information, searches, or other questions will always remain secure. We are not responsible or liable for the illegal acts (such as hacking) of third parties. If you have concerns about the security of your personal information, please contact us at [email protected].
Our Website is a general audience site and is not directed at, or intended for use by, children under 13. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
How To Contact Us
Appareo Systems, LLC, 1810 NDSU Research Circle N., Fargo, ND 58102